Thursday, February 09, 2006

Poem: Flesh To Stone

Feather by feather they fall.
Too much stress upon borrowed wings and borrowed time,
Too much heat circling so close to the fire.
Not enough care given, not enough attention shared, not enough focus spared.

Feather by feather they fall.
I stand again, wholly human, not more than I am.
I have to re-earn my special status...
And I fear I have left too much debris to make the journey.

Feather by feather they fall,
Until there are no more.
I stand about to fly, to lift away to mystic destinations,
my feet far to heavy to lift away.

I feel stone tears begin to escape yet only well up in the corner of my eyes.
And, as the wind blows away the feathers of my past,
Slipping my uniqueness into the unknown abyss,
I feel unshed tears turning flesh to stone.

No comments: