Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Say something cheerful..."

I started this blog along time ago. I originally thought "maybe I can make a difference" with the written word and started writing (infrequently) about things that apparently are difficult for people to see and do "The Right Thing."

Yeah, I know. Not enough time in the day to nail 'em all and certainly not an uplifting line of writing. And of course, I am occasionally just wrong. Hell, sometimes I don't even want to come back here to read and write.

Reprieve

Early this year, Kalina was born. She's cute (but luckily doesn't know it yet), curious (and luckily isn't walking on her own yet) and very friendly (good for making friends on airplanes and in airports even when she's not feeling her best.)

Her first two teeth have started their slow, painful accent to their semi-permanently location, having cleared the gums at last. Despite this discomfort, Kalina is cheerful, occasionally chatty (albeit loud) and well-adjusted for the calcium-migration she is currently experiencing.

Plus, I think she's finally figured out that he daddy loves her tiny hugs.

No comments: